Thursday, November 22, 2012

So Very Blessed

I know.... Everybody's thankful this time of year. I mean, it's Thanksgiving! What's not to be thankful for? I could run the list of the usual things we all are thankful for and most of you would agree with me. I could talk about my wonderful family, immediate and extended. I could talk about my home and material possessions, all of which are not even mine. They were entrusted to me by my Lord. And for all of them I am thankful. I have thought about so many people who are and have been in my life and how much I am thankful for each person.

I had a conversation with my manager this week and she said something profound. So profound, I told her I was stealing it for this post. She said, "I am most thankful for the ability to change". Oh, the facets of this one! God created this in everyone. It is an essential part of repentance. Which is one of the necessary steps of salvation. This could lead into another discussion, entirely. But I thought long and hard about what she said. And I could not agree more.

The ability to change... hmmmm. Boy did that hit home for me. This has been the year of changes. Whether by choice or necessity, I have made many changes this year. I have taken on roles that I never even considered before. I no longer have children, but young adults. I no longer have a job but a career. My husband's business changed dramatically this year. I had to change to accept that and to be a helper to him. I have changed sizes, my mind (on some issues), and my heart.

Change is exciting and scary. The ability to change is comforting. I am so very thankful that I have the ability to change because if I did not have that I would remain stagnant in my life and never progress. I would be a lost soul with no hope of redemption. I would be miserable. So thank you Lord and Father for giving me the ability to change.

I pray His continued blessings on you all. May the ability to change be a gift we are forever thankful to have. Happy Thanksgiving!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment